Spring in the air! It’s that time of year again: the warm weather is giving consumers the urge to do more around their homes and neighborhoods. If you’ve got the urge to make changes to your house, consider some of these spring remodeling projects that can bring added comfort and enjoyment to you and your family:
1. Improve Your Entryway and Windows – Adding a new door and windows can improve a tired facade (and entice future buyers if you’re selling your home). By installing ENERY STAR rated windows, you can gain as much as a 30 percent reduction in energy use and boost curb appeal at the same time.
2. Add Insulation – Spring and summer can heat up your home in a hurry, especially in southern regions. Better insulation keeps the air inside cool and, once the winter cold returns, more heat will stay inside too.
3. Fix Your Floors – Over time, floors can take a beating from human and pet traffic. Consider new flooring for one room or several, which can add a whole new look and feel to your spaces.
4. Show Your Kitchen Some Love – There are many reasons why everyone congregates in the kitchen – it’s the home of two life sources (food and water) and it’s just fun to be there. If your kitchen isn’t looking or feeling its best, consider a partial or complete “refresh”. Even something as simple and economical as updating your cabinet pulls and knobs can make a big difference. Or maybe add a showcase appliance!
5. Give Your Bathroom a Makeover – Tired of the tile and other outdated features in the bathroom? There are a variety of ways – from fixture replacements to more extensive remodeling – to improve this all-important place in your home.
6. Don’t Forget the Exterior of Your Home – Winter weather can be hard on the outside of your home. Make sure the exterior is in good condition, not just for the aesthetic benefits, but also to maintain structural integrity.
For more information on Elmira Stove Works and our antique and retro appliances, please visit us online at www.elmirastoveworks.com.