Your kitchen is the most-used room in the house during the holiday season; it’s a gathering space for friends and family while preparing delectable dishes. With this in mind, you should seriously consider decorating your kitchen with fun holiday décor for everyone to enjoy. To help you plan in advance, we have come up with a few ideas on how you can decorate your kitchen without it getting in the way.
- Strategically hang garland on the tops of your kitchen cabinetry. Try a tight scalloped design and accent with bows. For a more traditional style, use red bows. However, if you are feeling creative this year, consider draping your cabinetry tops with bold, colorful tinsel. From shiny blues to vibrant pinks, you can find a hue that complements your kitchen’s design scheme.
- To accent your garland displays, place holiday-themed figurines on the tops of your kitchen cabinets for extra pizazz.
- You can ask your family members or guests to draw pictures to hang as décor as well. This is a fun idea that will not only bring everyone together, but adds a touch of personality.
- Give your windows some extra twinkle this year by framing them in holiday lights. Whether you prefer classic white or colorful ones, lights can add extra charm to your kitchen. Just be sure to keep the plugs away from sinks to ensure safety.
- Place candles with small, stylish wreaths on your kitchen counter tops and dining tables. Try a spruce-scented candle, or vanilla fragrance, to create a scintillating effect. The combination of freshly baked goods and aromatic candles will have your guests waiting in anticipation.
- Hang mistletoes from your kitchen entryways. This small decorative accent will help spread affection between loved ones during the holiday season. We get so busy entertaining guests and preparing meals that we oftentimes forget to express our gratitude and appreciation to our partners.
- If you’re going with a vintage / retro theme, how about pulling out some old Christmas records or CD’s, or downloading classic tunes to create ambience?” Some of the old greats can be found at these two links: http://bit.ly/1ew6CQR and http://bit.ly/1rMsmir.
- Poinsettias make wonderful decorative accents in kitchen spaces. Just be sure you place them in areas with lots of sunlight, but don’t let the leaves touch cold windows or window panes. This will damage them, shortening the length of enjoyment time.
- If you really want to get into the holiday season, and are in the market for new kitchen appliances, consider putting a gift card towards some Northstar appliances under the tree. When the holidays are over, you can transform your kitchen into an entirely new space!
- Lastly, don’t forget to display some holiday treats on ornamental platters to tie your decorations together. Fresh brownies or peppermint bark are great options, but if you enjoy baking, an assortment of delicious cookies will do the trick.
From the Elmira Stove Works family to yours, we wish all our friends and fans a very happy holiday season. We are looking forward to 2015 and some exciting new happenings!